Data Analyst (m/f/n)
Role Name: Data Analyst - Internal Audit
Project Name: CDIA Digitization
Project / Role Description: The Corporate Division Internal Audit (CDIA) team at Boehringer Ingelheim carries out a review of all the company's critical processes throughout the year. The audit team provides an objective and eye opening perspective within the company on risks and compliance related to it's processes.
A crucial part of the audit is to analyze the data provided by the auditees in order to identify anomalies, trends and irregularities within that - which are then highlighted as audit findings.
Examples of the processes which the audit targets as part of it's scope are procurement (S2P), sales (O2C), commercial operations (sales rep. activities and engagement), capex, logistics, IT services etc.
The actual number of audits for which the services will be required will be planned and finalized before start of the service period and provided to the contractor.
Services Description including Timeline Information:
- Analyze audit data received in excel format (provided by BI) to identify potential findings/ irregularities, anomaly detection and trend analysis
- The analysis carried out / scope of analysis has to be in accordance with the testing protocols which will be provided before the start of the analysis
- The time frame to carry out the said analysis will be agreed upon the announcement of the audit but would need to be completed 1 week before audit start date.
- The analysis carried out needs to be an output in a visualization tool (Tool Preference - Power BI) for discussion / presentation to the auditors.
- The said visualization needs to be modelled in a way that it can be reused across other audit areas - as in most cases the data formats is uniform.
- There would be regular and defined touchpoints where in the analysis will be discussed and necessary feedback will be provided. The frequency of such touchpoints shall also be defined for each audit before the analysis starts.
- Calls and workshops will be set up by the auditor in charge to discuss the observations and findings from the data analysis. The said resource would need to be present during such meeting to discuss their side of the findings (will be planned in advance)
- In cases where required, transformation and integration of the audit data from different excel sheets into one using open source analytics tools such as KNIME, Python, R or on chosen on contractor's expertise
- Visualization dashboards for internal KPI reporting will also need to be created the data for which will be provided through the internal audit management system.