Senior Data Scientist - Business Analytics (m/f/n)
Project name : KEE (Key External Experts) PoC
Medical Affairs managers currently base decisions on a mental map of HCP (Healthcare Professional) segmentation and HCP segmentation. This picture is not available to other parts of the business. The data that we need to build segmentation profiles are locked in different silos, internal and external. In Spain, the Medical and Customer facing teams know many KEEs by very well and would be able to recount detailed information about an individual HCP, but this information is not easily accessible for commercial teams. As business we need to understand HCP landscape, enhance segmentation, and identify optimal engagement channel preferences for new indications (HF - Heart Failure and CKD - Chronic Kidney Disease-) to improve customer engagement.
Example: I want to know the impact if Dr. XYZ is recruited to be a symposium speaker at a national conference. What is the impact on the other HCPs of this one event and how it is connected to the impact of other events?
We need to understand the Market Complexities in each country. This creates a great challenge for Market Access and presents a need for the automation of insights.
The service is requested as part of a project to develop a Proof of Concept (PoC). The goal of the PoC is to automatically obtain relationships between HCPs from four data sources. At the end of the project, the results will be presented to the One Team initiative committee, who will analyse the value of the insights that these relationships can potentially offer for different use cases.
One ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) for each data source (file) will be implemented. The relationships obtained will be stored in a database for further analysis.
Background to the assignment
The PoC was recently approved by the One team Committee and the results must be presented in mid-March 2022. The implementation must start as soon as possible according to the current project plan. Because of this time constraint, it is required to fill-back the project with external expertise, as this is currently not available at BI for the requested project duration.
Concrete, detailed description of services
The service must be provided under a SCRUM framework and includes the following tasks:
- Technical analysis of 4 data sources provided by BI (Boehringer Ingelheim) to identify how to obtain the relationships between KEE's
- Programming (R/Java languages) of 4 ETL's to load the KEE relationships into the database
- Design, creation and modification of the KEE database
- Manual testing of the ETL's
- Creation of the technical Documentation for the ETL's
- Tasks for the contractor (Developer role as part of the development team) will be documented and assigned in a Jira project. The Product Owner will be responsible of the creation and clarification of these tasks before they can be started. All data needed to perform the assigned tasks will be there
- As mentioned, the product is being developed in SCRUM, with a dedicated Scrum Master (Boehringer Ingelheim employee) and a Product Owner (Boehringer Ingelheim employee). Participation in the planned SCRUM (sprints of 2 weeks) ceremonies is required:
- Daily stand-up, 15 mins every weekday (Monday to Friday), at 09:45 - 10:00. During the daily stand-up, all team members provide an update on the tasks they have worked on the previous day. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
- Biweekly Sprint Review, 30 mins, with all stakeholders, Mondays, 15:30 -? During the sprint review, the team presents to the stakeholders the impediment of the product during the last sprint. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
- Biweekly Sprint Retrospective, 1,5 hours, Tuesdays, 10:15 - 11:45. All team members discuss how the previous sprint went, what challenges occurred and actions for the next sprint are defined. The contractor will also provide his input in the discussion. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
- Biweekly Sprint Planning, 2,5 hours, Tuesdays, 13:00 - 15:30. The Product Owner and the Development Team are defining what will be the tasks for the next sprint, based on the availability, work effort and user's feedback. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
- Biweekly Product Refining, 30 mins, usually Thursdays, 10:00 - 13:30. The product log is being reviewed and the tasks are being reprioritized if necessary. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks (additional refinement meeting required by the development team can be planned)