Medical Consultant (m/f/n)
Working on global Medical Information content for the therapeutic area Cardio-Metabolism-Respiratory (CMR), the Contractor will perform services to develop and maintain standard medical information content, including medical writing, documentation and tracking use of content within the global medical information platform, Envision. (Envision is an online platform for Boehringer Ingelheim which contains all global and regional medical information documents and is used by the BI country affiliates to answer Medical Information enquiries from healthcare professionals.)
The contractor will use and adhere to defined BI project-delivery-standards and will safeguard that defined processes and system standards are followed. The standards and processes will be made available to the contractor at the start of the contract.
Within this defined framework, the service consists of:
- Development of new global standard scientific response content (gSSRC) for CMR, including Cardiovascular (Actilyse, Metalyse, Pradaxa, Praxbind, Micardis), Metabolism (Jardiance, Trajenta families) and Respiratory (Spiriva, Spiolto, Striverdi, Respimat) according to the Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) Medical Information Style Guide and Standard Operating Procedure for the creation of Medical Information content. Note: The style guide will be provided to the contractor at the start of service.
- Maintenance of gSSRC in the Envision system (the online platform used for medical information content at Boehringer Ingelheim), including retiring documents that have expired (after 12 months), and inactivating documents that are no longer needed (according to use by the country affiliates). Note: contractor will be onboarded to use the Envision platform at the start of the service.
- Updating existing gSSRCs when new data becomes available, according to information received from the respective publication managers, Medical Communication Team Lead for CMR, or the Medical or Pharmacovigilance colleagues in the respective therapeutic areas. The contractor will be informed about these updates in weekly status meetings with the Medical Communications Team and via notifications on the Envision platform.
- Send content for review to Medical and/or Pharmacovigilance and adjust content according to the feedback comments. Note: a list of contacts for the reviews will be provided to the contractor at the start of the service.
- Submit gSSRC style and accuracy review and final approval to an assigned Medical Information specialist. Note: a list of contacts for the reviews will be provided to the contractor at the start of the service.
- Perform style and accuracy check according to the BI Medical Information Style Guide on new documents created in other therapeutic areas (oncology and inflammation). The contractor will be notified in Teams if a document is ready for proofreading.
- Communicate content updates and newly created content to Envision users by placing a notification on Teams. Note: Access to the respective Teams folder will be granted at the start of the service.
- When requested by the country affiliate(s), send gSSRC for translation to BI's approved translation service and document the languages requested in the gSSRC workplan (Note: the workplan will be supplied to the contractor at the start of service).
- Update the gSSRC workplan on a weekly basis to indicate when documents have been newly created or updated by the contractor. Note, the workplan is created by the Medical Communication Team, approved by the Medical Team, and is made available in Teams.