Development and implementation of Healthcare - Government affairs programs to shape COVID-19 pandemic response plans (m-f-n)
The service is requested as part of Boehringer Ingelheim's efforts to contribute in overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic. The project has the ultimate purpose to support governments and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in shaping and optimizing national, regional and/or local pandemic response plans when it comes to passively preventing and treating COVID-19 and COVID-19-induced complications (target indications). More specifically, it will assess and evaluate pandemic policies in target geographies, identify pain points leading to sub-optimal COVID-19 care when it comes to prevention and treatment and develop strategies and support tools for governments, NGOs and pandemic response teams to overcome them.
The service will entail the following tasks:
- Independent interpretation and consolidation of market research, existing internal analyses and publicly available information on pandemic response strategies and policies against COVID-19 on pan-national, national, regional and local level in the target indications, including:
- Development and delivery of policy maker stakeholder maps based on extensive existing knowledge on public health management
- Mapping and segmenting healthcare system / government / Non-Governmental-Organization (NGO) pandemic policies on COVID-19 treatment and prevention in priority markets/regions
- Identifying gaps and pain points in existing pandemic response policies within the identified segments
- Developing targeted pandemic policy positioning, segment-specific messaging and "consultant-like" strategies and tools (i.e. slide-decks, check-lists and webinar-content on patient-flows and treatment pathways) that enables our affiliates to consult government, NGOs and pandemic response teams to optimize their pandemic response plans for the benefit of patients
- based on the above consolidated data and extensive existing external Healthcare Affairs and/or Government Affairs knowledge in terms of presentations.
- All results will be delivered to the Healthcare Affairs lead for the two products for review and approval.
- Consult the Public & Government Affairs lead in the development and implementation of policy stakeholder engagement strategies based on the approved deliverables above and provide results for their implementation.
The performance of the contractor has the goal to help governments, NGOs and pandemic response teams in identifying gaps in their pandemic response policies when it comes to the passive prevention and treatment of COVID-19 or COVID-19-related complications, to help them overcome these gaps, and ultimately to obtain access and appropriate use of COVID-19 therapies with patients in need.
Possible timelines to be kept:
Compound 1 may already receive emergency use authorization as early as in November 2021.
Compound 2 may already receive emergency use authorizations in December 2021.
First general discussion with governments, NGOs and pandemic response teams on the management of COVID-19 treatments may start as early as in April 2021 and are expected to intensify significantly at the time of emergency use authorizations.