Senior Scrum Master
Senior Scrum Master for EMPACT MI Medidata Implementation
Project name: EMPACT MI Medidata Implementation
This service is requested as part of the EMPACT MI Medidata Implementation for trial 1245_0202. The project purpose is to complete the implementation and validation of a Medidata RAVE instance as a standalone study utilizing a new data center, RAVE version and new modules which have previously not been utilized by BI. To accomplish this goal BI team will follow an Agile methodology which is not a standard process within the team.
The contractor has the goal to structure the team engagements and interactions so that the workflow follows the agile methodology.
Concretely, detailed task description without personal reference, which reveals the independency of the service provision
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
The contractor participates in the team meetings in the cadence listed below.
The EMPACT MI project has sprints of two weeks that include the following ceremonies:
- Daily Stand-up (~15 min.): Every weekday, the members take roughly 15 minutes to report their progress on their respective tasks since the last daily stand-up.
- Biweekly Sprint Review (~30 min.): Once every two weeks the team presents the product of the last sprint to all stakeholders.
- Biweekly Sprint Retrospective (~90 min.): All team members report how the previous sprint went, and which obstacles everybody encountered.
- Biweekly Sprint Planning (~150 min.): The product owner and the team decide on the goals that should be achieved in the next sprint.
- After these ceremonies, the contractor works iteratively on his/her own tasks.
Acts as a scrum master for critical implementation project for EDC system utilized for a single trial.
The contractor establishes the meeting structure and organizes the scheduling of team meetings.
The contractor moderates team discussion, and consults team members to identify root causes in order to enable delivery.
The contractor drives the team on the priorities and organizes the appropriate delegation of activities in the team.
The contractor provides the structure for the Product Owner and Project Manager to curate the backlog of tasks with the team. This is accomplished at the Biweekly Sprint Planning and Retrospective meetings.
The Scrum Master produces reports on team milestones and progress updates to the Product Owner.
Possible timelines to be kept
The following timelines are to be adhered to by the contractor during the
performance of the service:
After the initiation of the engagement, the contractor is available to start meeting with the key project participants within the initial week of the engagement.
The contractor is available for at least 60% of working hours in CET time.
The contract will remain on the project through the end of the defined waves of delivery (expected end of January 2021).