Senior IT Consultant (m/f/n)
SFT (Smart Factory Transformation) Program
This program is the beginning of the digital transformation of BI's manufactory production sites to contribute to the ambitious 2025 company strategy. The aim is to prepare the basis for the digital strategy by collecting electronically the relevant raw data from the manufactory areas like shopfloor and other production related equipment. To utilize this data later for OEE (Overall Equipment Efficacy), Predicted Maintenance or Analytical purpose and in the latest stage for deep machine learning and autonomize plant management.
This first step will be reached by implementing middleware called integration layer to collect all data from different devices and equipment's.
The middleware was selected by a market research to identify possible vendors and finally one vendor has been identified. Within this program we will run the first projects to establish the integration platform with the needed organization, governance, and concepts behind and implemented the solution on strategic selected sites by business. The game is to deliver for these sites a toolbox to analyze data and establish the concept and organization roll out the integration layer to all production sites.
As part of the SFT program we have introduced the equipment integration sprints.
Goal of the integration sprints is to connect the equipment's of different production sites to Inmation. The process of equipment integration to our new vertical and horizontal data-bus requires a set of knowledge, which is going from process engineering, GMP documentation and testing up to IT tasks. This skillset is currently not available at BI and must be trained by members of the Factory Automation Team of BI.
We have sprints of 2 weeks, with the following ceremonies:
1. Daily standups, 15 mins every weekday, at 11:45 -12:00 (for Europe and Asia) and at 15:00 - 15:15 (For Americas) During the daily standup, all team members provide an update on the tasks they have worked on the previous day. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
2. Biweekly Sprint Review and Planning, 3 hours, with all stakeholders, Wednesdays, 14:00 -16:00 During the sprint review, the team presents to the stakeholders the impediment of the product during the last sprint.
All team members discuss how the previous sprint went, what challenges occurred and actions for the next sprint are defined. The contractor will also provide his input in the discussion.
The Product Owner and the Development Team are defining what will be the tasks for the next sprint, based on the availability, work effort and users feedback. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
The expertise tasks required during the assignment are:
- Development of a Quality Assurance test strategy for the project. Coordination between manual and automated tests as well as the various necessary test types such as user interface, web service API, function / performance / load tests. The definition of the test cases will be consulted in the assignment.
- Creation of manual test plans, test cases and test scripts. Consult the team to define and run these tests.
- Development of automated test frameworks and automated test cases. Jira and Confluence will be used for the creation of the tasks. The test frameworks will be reviewed and approved by the rest product development team.
- Apply BI standards during the assignment according to the feedback from the central BI platform team, to setup compliance and quality within the product.