Senior Frontend Engineer
NINA-C is a program to make Boehringer Ingelheim become the NASH F4 market leader by running a long, non-drug interventional trial: 10,000 patients, 10 years, 700 sites, 20+ countries.
Our solution will provide a global patient pool for clinical trials and gain a deeper understanding for the NASH disease as well as establishing and validating biomarkers. One of the elements in our solution is to create an interactive companion app, providing patients with access to community, education and health data.
The service is requested as part of the project NinaC at BI X. The services requested are for a senior fronted engineer to build the backbone of full-scale application and integrate with third party components. At NinaC your engagement will be progressing from the initial idea to the final product. You will work collaboratively and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning, high quality web-based and mobile application that meet our business goals. As a Frontend Engineer, you will closely work together with Data Scientists and Backend Engineers, UX Designers, Researchers, Scrum masters, Product Owner and stakeholders in the product team and the organization.
Due to current team constellation, the required expertise is not available internally at this point and will be sourced externally.
After an intial period of set-up and onboarding, we expect the following delivery cadence:
6 month contract with possibilities to extend.
1. Daily standup, 15 mins every week day
During the daily standup, all team members provide an update on the tasks they have worked. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks. Share the challenges and impediments if applicable.
2. Biweekly Sprint Review with all stakeholders and team. During the sprint review, the team presents to the stakeholders an overview of the work done during the sprint, and answers their questions. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
3. Biweekly Sprint Retrospective. All team members discuss how the previous sprint went, what challenges occurred and actions for the next sprint are defined. The contractor will also provide their input in the discussion. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks.
4. Biweekly Sprint Planning. The team define what will be the tasks for the next sprint, based on the availability, priorities and feedback. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks.
After these ceremonies, the contractor works proactively with the team during the ceremonies and conciliation meetings and iterates to complete his/her tasks.
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
- Develop high-quality, scalable applications in an agile and devops setup.
- Maintain and fix bugs and issues of delivered functionalities
- Write unit, integration and end-to-end tests using testing frameworks (E.g. cucumber, karma, jasmine, cypress, etc)
- Conduct code reviews on team members and reviewing application of best practices, conventions and standards
- Perform due diligence for vendor and third parties technical assessments
- Integrate third-party and services within our applications
- Participate in team architectural decisions and document accordingly to team conventions
- Consult, review, propose improvements on the delivery of development and operations of products according to specified methodology and best practices in the industry to achieve a scalable codebase even with larger user-bases, and is easy to understand, maintain and extend.
- Coach, negotiate and mediate complex problems across the team. Mentor less experienced colleagues within the team.
- Actively contributing, discuss requirements, implementation options and tradeoffs with team and stakeholders