SAP Consultant (m/f/n)
Global Business Services (GBS) / HR Release project
Implementation of SAP/HCM demands for Germany related to payroll, time management, benefits, pension schemes as well as HR master data. Target is to provide process improvements and functional changes with major business needs as well as legal requirements.
Background to the assignment
We are looking for an SAP HCM Consultant with German background to deliver implementation, consulting, and project management services for payroll, time management, master data and benefits. Several years of technical implementation experience in SAP HCM are crucial. Fluent English and German is needed as well.
The GBS/HR project is an agile project organization to collect, analyze and priories, implement and test SAP/HCM demands. Demands are managed in 2 Jira boards (DEMA and SAP/HR DE).
1. DEMA: With the demand management board DEMA from GBS/HR all demands are collected and afterwards to be checked regarding feasibility, efforts, completeness, and reasonability as basis to define priorities.
2. SAP/HR DE: Implementation board for all demands to be implemented in the German SAP/HCM system
From that Jira board the Contractor will get the tasks assigned. The consultant will work independently on this. Open questions are addressed in the daily stand up calls if needed.
Concrete, detailed description of services
The Contractor will prepare and perform demand checks in DEMA including feasibility and effort estimation based on his/her professional background skills. This will be documented in DEMA as basis for the priority decision made by product owner and system owner. After the approval of the product owner demands are send to specific Jira implementation boards. Within the SAP/HR DE board the contractor will be assigned to the demands to be implemented from him/her.
Basis for the implementation are weekly sprint planning calls at Monday. In that call the scrum master will assign tasks. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his/her tasks. Activities must be recorded in Jira and Solution Manager for change control and documentation. We have sprints of 2 weeks, with the following ceremonies:
1. Daily stand up calls about 30min to clarify open topics about business demand or technical topics and dependencies.
2. Monthly Sprint Review. All team members discuss how the previous sprint went, what challenges occurred and actions for the next sprint are defined. The contractor will also provide his input in the discussion.
The assigned demand will be implemented by the contractor in the SAP/HR system. Pending on the demand some activities need to be done in other systems, e.g. SuccessFactors or Interface Middleware. This is defined in the Jira Demand.
The contractor will coordinate this including status documentation by:
- hands over tasks to other internal and external implementation teams including status tracking to complete the demand in the corresponding system environment
- Once development or configuration is done the Contractor will inform GBS/HR to start end user testing
- track defects and manage corrections.
- Coordination of go live activities
- Finalize status in Jira