Project Manager - Global Batch Traceability (m-f-n)
Project name: Global Batch Traceability
The Global Batch Traceability project has the goal to implement SAP GBT and connect it with the ERP landscape. SAP GBT is a SAP system. It is used for batch genealogy.
A pharmaceutical company has to provide the capability of tracking batches and linking them with business activities (batch genealogy) along the supply chain
Today at Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) this capability is supported through reporting functionality in ERP systems.
Today SAP´s GBT system exists at BI but only validated and in use to provide batch genealogy information extracted from the German ERP system IBIS and transferring it through SAP GBT 2.x to Global Data Trending Solution (GDTS) in required data format.
The project implements a GBT upgrade and connectivity to the GBS United system with standardized and harmonized processes and a central process governance in place. The level of coverage of commercial and operations sites and their data will continuously grow over time.
The required skill set is currently not available at BI.
The project will be run in agile sprint methodology, with the individual sprints following standard ceremonies such as daily standup, regular sprint review, sprint retrospective, sprint planning
1. Daily standup, 15 mins every week day, During the daily standup, team members provide an update on the tasks they have worked on the previous day. After that, the contractor works iteratively on tasks.
2. Biweekly Sprint Review, approx. 30 mins, with stakeholders, During the sprint review, the team presents to the stakeholders the impediment of the product during the last sprint. After that, the contractor works iteratively on tasks.
3. Sprint Retrospective, approx. 1,5 hours, team members discuss how the previous sprint went, what changes occurred and actions for the next sprint are defined. The contractor will also provide input in the discussion. After that, the contractor works iteratively on tasks.
4. Sprint Planning (JF), approx. 2,5 hours, The Product Owner and the Development Team are defining what will be the tasks for the next sprint, based on the availability, work effort and users feedback. After that, the contractor works iteratively on tasks.
5. Product Refining, The product log is being reviewed and the tasks are being reprioritized if necessary.
After that, the contractor works iteratively on his/her own tasks.
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
- Professional consulting (based on the outcomes of the sprints) in:
° Project implementation
° Global Batch Traceability processes roll out including detailed process design (design of a genealogy and linkage rules for batch traceability)
° Administering project plan
° Status management and meeting content
- Transfer of details to the IT resources who will build the technical solution
- Providing and delivering content and results across the full range of project activities from a business perspective such as:
o definition, documentation and analysis of user requirements and business scenarios
o write test documents, plan and manage the test execution, perform tests
o Write training documents and key user communications, and perform user training activities
o update of system documentation (User requirements, test documentation) according to GXP (Good x Procedures) validation rules