Project Manager (m/f/n)
BIAH Digital Commerce Program
This service is requested as part of the BI Animal Health Digital Commerce Program. The Program's purpose is to drive the strategic implementation of Digital Commerce as a global B2B sales channel for BIAH, deploying the right solutions and organizational changes, in collaboration with global, regional, and local teams.
Background to the assignment
As part of the Digital Commerce Program, we plan the development and implementation of B2B eCommerce solutions for all global markets.
This includes, among other things, the development of solutions based on the Adobe Commerce platform for the purpose of serving as core solution for B2B eCommerce globally. For strategic reasons, we have decided to have delivery orchestration managed by external providers, as we do not have suitable resources and expertise for this internally. Because of this, the contractor holds a unique position and provides significantly different services than the internal staff.
Concrete, detailed description of services
The delivery will be structured in 2-week sprints, with the following planned ceremonies (all within regular working hours for CET time zone):
- Daily standup, 15 mins every weekday. During the daily standup, all team members provide an update on the tasks they have worked on the previous day. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
- Biweekly Sprint Review, 1 hour, with all stakeholders. During the sprint review, the team presents to the stakeholders the impediment of the product during the last sprint. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
- Biweekly Sprint Retrospective, 30 mins. All team members discuss how the previous sprint went, what challenges occurred and actions for the next sprint are defined. The contractor will also provide his input in the discussion. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
- Biweekly Sprint Planning, 2,5 hours. The Product Owner and the Development Team are defining what will be the tasks for the next sprint, based on the availability, work effort and users feedback. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
- Biweekly Product Refining, 30 mins. The product log is being reviewed and the tasks are being reprioritized if necessary. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
The purpose of the external contractor will be to manage the delivery of global Digital Commerce solutions in BIAH (as Product Owner in the SCRUM ceremonies described above).
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
- Manage the delivery of a global B2B Digital Commerce solution, based on local and global business outcome objectives as communicated by BI and using agile methodology.
- Participate in planning sessions of upcoming strategic markets, with the goal of maintaining alignment to the established Global product roadmap.
- Design of upcoming MVPs for the rollout of the Global solution, through interviews/workshops with key stakeholders (in project meetings). Outcomes will be documented in the platforms to be indicated by BI.
- Evaluation of specific local requirements (identified during project meetings) against existing/upcoming global solutions, with the objective of maintaining global standards.
- Draw recommendations based on these analyses (to be conducted with local teams and other solution owners as required).
- Validate MVP design and recommendations with internal IT and system owners and adapt accordingly.
- Prioritize local requirements in accordance to Program timelines (to be provided by BI)
- Execute and oversee the translation of product roadmap/MVP features into requirements (epics, user stories). Outcomes will be documented in the platforms to be indicated by BI.
- Identification of incremental use cases during planning phase (in project meetings), to be reported to program team. Any additional insight on possible Digital Commerce solutions that can support market teams must be shared with the Program team and documented in platforms to be indicated by BI.
- Consult the Program and project teams on Product Management best practices, based on the contractor's know-how. Upon review and approval of BIAH, such practices may be implemented by the contractor in active rollout activities, to be defined based on the input.
- Participate & co-create updates for key local/regional stakeholders. All content will be reviewed and approved by BI.
Definitions: BI = Boehringer Ingelheim, AH = Animal Health, B2B = Business to Business, MVP = Minimum Viable Product, Program team = Digital Commerce Program Manager & Core Team (includes members of IT and other key stakeholders)