Product Designer (m/f/n)
1. Project name: Exandra
Project Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
EXANDRA is a clinical decision support tool, helping Health Care Providers (HCP) make informed guideline-based treatment decisions, aiming to close the treatment gap for Type 2 Diabetes patients.
EXANDRA provides HCPs with a patient-specific treatment plan based on the Diabetes Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines.
2. Background to the assignment
Exandra will be the first medical software product developed by BI as the legal manufacturer and therefore needs experts in the field of medical device development. One key function within the team will be a UX Designer. As it does not have suitable resources and expertise for this internally, the contractor holds a unique position and provides significantly different services than the internal staff.
3. Concrete, detailed description of services
The project team works in agile, blending scrum and Kanban, in sprints of 2 weeks, with the following ceremonies in addition to ad-hoc meetings:
1. Daily standup, 15 mins from Tuesday to Thursday, at 10:30am (CET)
During the daily standup, all team members provide an update on the tasks they have worked on the previous day. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks.
2. Biweekly Sprint Review, Friday afternoon, 60 mins, with all stakeholders. During the sprint review, the team presents to the stakeholders an overview of the work done during the sprint and answers their questions. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
3. Sprint Retrospective, Thursday afternoon, 1 hour, all team members discuss how the previous sprint went, what challenges occurred and actions for the next sprint are defined. The contractor will also provide their input in the discussion. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks.
4. Biweekly Sprint Planning, Monday morning 1 hours. The Project Manager and the Development Team define what will be the tasks for the next sprint, based on the availability, priorities, and users? feedback. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks.
The contractor will provide the following service in adherence with BI standards
- Active brainstorming, presentation of results and exchange with developers, UX researcher, stakeholders, product owners and scrum masters on a daily basis to get feedback on the created deliverables
- Translate research insights into appropriate design artifacts
- Iterate designs based on internal reviews and customer feedback
- Monitor the success of implemented features and gather feedback regularly
- Consult the product team in the transition to user-centered product development