Designer/Creative Support (m/f/n)
As part of the CeeCee, we plan connect hospitalised patients and their family members with healthcare professionals. This includes, among other things, the continuous discovery for the purpose of identifying user's unmet need. Consequently, we do not have our own employees with sufficient expertise in connection with user research and for this reason requires external expertise. The contractor used by us has extensive experience with user research methods that are required define the problem statement and identify user's unmet need, therefore the contractor has a unique position and provides significantly different services than the internal staff.
Background to the assignment
As part of the product team CeeCee, we plan to connect hospitalised patients and their family members with healthcare professionals.
This includes, among other things, the continuous discovery for the purpose of identifying user's unmet need. For strategic reasons, we have decided to have the research done by external providers, as it does not have suitable resources and expertise for this internally. Because of this, the contractor holds a unique position and provides significantly different services than the internal staff.
Concrete, detailed description of services
We work in agile, blending scrum and kanban, in sprints of 2 weeks, with the following ceremonies in addition to ad-hoc meetings:
1. Daily standup, 30 mins every weekday, at 13:30
During the daily standup, all team members provide an update on the tasks they have worked on the previous day. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks.
2. Biweekly Sprint Review, Wednesday afternoon, 60 mins, with all stakeholders. During the sprint review, the team presents to the stakeholders an overview of the work done during the sprint, and answers their questions. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
3. Biweekly Sprint Retrospective, Thursday afternoon, 2 hours, All team members discuss how the previous sprint went, what challenges occurred and actions for the next sprint are defined. The contractor will also provide their input in the discussion. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks.
4. Biweekly Sprint Planning, Thursday afternoon 2 hours. The Product Owner and the Development Team define what will be the tasks for the next sprint, based on the availability, priorities and users feedback. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks.
Creation, revision, and refinement of a user research plan. The contractor is asked to:
- review the user research methodologies
- write research questions
- define the number of users to be interviewed
- conduct the interviews in person and remote
- analyze the research data
- create a synthesis for the problem
- create a user journey and blueprint of the users unmet need
The final user research plan is to be presented to the team and reviewed with the other team members. The research outcome defines the objectives of the contractor's work, including brainstorming various solutions to the users unmet need.
Preparation and setup of formative and summative feedback session:
- e.g. usability studies with various prototypes
- setup, conduction and document observations of participants using a prototype of the MVP. Final signature to be provided by the UX lead or product owner
- analysing qualitative data such as opinions and description of their experience and study recordings
- Uploading all files on the team's tool stack: Teams / Confluence / Mural.
- Presenting and sharing all results to the team in scrum team meetings, revising the files as needed after review with the team.