Business Development Manager - Digital innovation (m/f/n)
Digital Innovation Management “Advance the Digital Innovation Unit (DIU) portfolio”
The service is requested as part of the project “Advance the DIU portfolio”. The project has the purpose to advance and augment the current portfolio of digital initiatives in the Innovation Unit through tailored ideation activities in selected focus areas. The growth of the portfolio is a key step on the roadmap for the digital transformation of the Innovation Unit that has the ultimate goal to accelerate Research & Development (R&D) and advance sciences, with a specific focus on Research.
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are performed independently by the external contractor:
- Preparation of brainstorming sessions, ideation and business case definition sessions with various audiences across the Innovation Unit The audiences are defined by BI. Preparation includes development of a concept based requirements provided by BI, translation of the concept into an agenda and documentation of the concept and the agenda in Powerpoint and MURAL. The preparation also includes set-up of interactive sessions in MURAL. All Powerpoint slide decks and MURAL boards will be shared with and approved by the BI project lead before they will be shared with workshop participants
- Organisation of brainstorming sessions, ideation and business case definition sessions with various audiences across the Innovation Unit. This will include drafting of invitation letters that will be approved by BI, setting up virtual conference rooms in TEAMS, and ordering of specific material based on the requirements provided by BI and after approval by the BI project lead.
- Conduction and moderation of brainstorming sessions, ideation and business case definition sessions with various audiences across the Innovation Unit, following the requirements provided by BI. Given the current situation it is assumed that the majority of events will take place virtually.
- Documentation of workshop results in Powerpoint that will be handed over to BI and approved by the BI project lead.
- Documentation of ideation activities in a tool defined by BI's project lead. (Microsoft Team).
- Conduction of tailored scouting and market scan activities in order to augment material to prepare the individual workshops. These activities shall be done as Google searches, the outcome shall be summarized in Powerpoint and included in the MURAL boards of the individual workshops, based on requirements provided by BI. The summaries will be handed over to BI and approved by the BI project lead.
The performance of the contractor has the goal to consult DIU's Strategy & Portfolio Manager to get new initiatives ready for a decision by the respective stakeholder committees (e.g., senior Research management) and the portfolio governance body (=Digital IU Leadership Team).
Possible timelines to be kept
Timelines are given by the scheduling of stakeholder and DIU LT workshops and meetings.
- January / February 2022: support ongoing ideation activities including planning and conducting of workshop to sharpen the problem statement, solution statement and business value
- 18th March: documentation and pitches should be ready to be presented at the stakeholder meeting and subsequent DIU LT meetings