Backend Developer (m-f-n)
Projektname /project name
Projektbeschreibung /project description
Medicoach is a program recognized by doctors and patients for being the best partner in the adaptation to a life with T2D (Type 2 Diabetes) beyond the pill.
Our solution is a two-phased program. In phase 1, we serve patients with a 2 month personalized coaching program which teaches patients about the 4 pillars of wellbeing (medication, diet, exercise, support network). In-between the coaching session, a digital channel supports patients to schedule, attend, and recap the coaching sessions. In phase 2 (post graduation), follow ups and communication with patients continues through the digital channel.
The Medicoach project has sprints of two weeks, that include the following ceremonies:
o Daily Stand-up (~15 min.): Five times a week from Monday to Friday, the members take roughly 15 minutes to report their progress on their respective tasks since the last daily stand-up.
o Biweekly Sprint Review (~60 min.): Once every two weeks the team presents the progress and impediment of the last sprint to all stakeholders.
o Biweekly Sprint Retrospective (~90 min.): All team members report how the previous sprint went, and which obstacles everybody encountered.
o Biweekly Sprint Planning (~150 min.): The product owner and the team decide on the goals that should be achieved in the next sprint.
After these ceremonies, the contractor works iteratively on his/her own tasks.
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
- Development of a REST (Restful, a method how it works) API (Application Programming Interface) in Python (Programming Language)/Flask (Framework) based on the results of the daily standup and the sprint planning tasks
- Development of data persistence layer for the Application (PostgreSQL [Database], SQLAlchemy [Object Relational Mapper - ORM - Framework]); secure enough to handle sensitive patient data according to industry best practices and BI secure coding standards
- Setting up and running the Infrastructure that runs the created API (based on Docker / Kubernetes / Openshift) as all other components of the product are running there too; the product is released in stages where the product owner reviews first, then legal and only if there are no issues it will be pushed to a live environment
- Code review with Bitbucket / Git between backend developers (self-written code will be reviewed by another colleague and code from internal backend developers will be to be reviewed by the contractor)
- Writing unit and integration tests together with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery - ? test are run by the build system and documented as needed automatically